Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Guidelines for this assignment
Select one of these members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as the subject for your Case Study): Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR (Laos), Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Viet Nam.
Use South Korea (not an ASEAN member) to complete Tables 1 and 2. Everyone uses the same index country so all groups will have a uniform country for comparison during the group presentations at the end of the semester.
You must use the Eurpoa World Yearbook (print) and the World Factbook (online) for this assignment.
Region Specific Case Study Research Paper & Group Presentation
Region Specific Case Study Research Paper & Group Presentation (100 points/10% of your final grade).
The region for this semester includes:
Case Study Research Paper
- Country selection & team roster due Tuesday 2/11 at 9:30 am
- Draft 1 Outline of your paper, to include a draft of your paper’s title page, references page (showing recommended sources), table 1&2, and figure 1&2 is due Tuesday 2/25 at 12 noon (assignment upload MS Word doc on Bb)
- Draft 2 Outline revision of your paper to include your paper’s executive summary, text, and in-text citations, is due Tuesday 3/17 at 12 noon (assignment upload MS Word doc on Bb)
- Draft 3 due Tuesday 3/31 at 12 noon (assignment upload MS Word doc on Bb)
- Final Paper is due Tuesday 4/14 bring hard copy to class and upload MS Word doc on Bb
- Group presentation is Thursday 4/16
Adapted from U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. (n.d.). Political South America (References tab: Regional and world maps). The World Factbook. Author. Retrieved July 1, 2020 from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/attachments/images/large/south_america-political.jpg?1561570931
Dan's office hours
Wiggins Library Reference Desk (and via "Chat" from the "Ask a Librarian" icon on the Wiggins Memorial Library homepage)
Tuesday and Wednesday 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Hours subject to change. Other hours available by appointment (contact me by email)