Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Controversial Topics: Getting started
Writing an opinion or argumentative paper? Need to find quality sources on controversial topics? This is the guide for you!
- First, determine what you are interested in. You should be able to identify at least three topics you are curious about and are willing to research.
- How do you feel about the topic?
- Next, review opinions on both sides of the topic.
- Review some background facts and statistics.
- Develop a research question.
You will need to consider all of these for a sound research paper.