Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
North Carolina Psychological Association
North Carolina Psychological Association is a professional organization designed to serve the interests of psychologists in North Carolina. NC Psychological Association advocates for psychology as a science, a profession, and a means of promoting human welfare. It provides an organized voice for psychologists and promotes high standards for the profession.
The North Carolina Association of Professional Psychologists
The North Carolina Association of Professional Psychologists is the only organization dedicated exclusively to supporting North Carolina’s more than 1,200 Licensed Psychological Associates. Since 1994, we’ve advocated not only for our own self-interests as master’s-level psychologists, but on behalf of the diverse individuals and families throughout the state who need the mental health care services we are uniquely qualified to provide.
American Psychology Association
The American Psychological Assocation is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States. APA is the world's largest association of psychologists, with more than 137,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members.
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
The AACAP, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was established in 1953. It is a membership based organization, composed of over 7,500 child and adolescent psychiatrists and other interested physicians. Its members actively research, evaluate, diagnose, and treat psychiatric disorders and pride themselves on giving direction to and responding quickly to new developments in addressing the health care needs of children and their families.
The Association of Black Psychologists
The Association of Black Psychologists was founded in San Francisco in 1968 by a number of Black Psychologists from across the country. They united to actively address the serious problems facing Black Psychologists and the larger Black community. Guided by the principle of self determination, these psychologists set about building an institution through which they could address the long neglected needs of Black professionals.
An extensive webliography of national and international professional psychology organizations compiled by South East Missouri University.
Web Resources: Psychology
Encyclopedia of Psychology
- The Encyclopedia of Psychology is intended to facilitate browsing in any area of psychology.
- Resources for Psychologists
- The North Carolina Psychological Association wants to help you find what you are looking for. To do this, we have chosen some of the best links to resource guides, which have been reviewed and selected as useful mental health web sites. Included here are the links from the general public and student areas as well as additional links pertinent to psychologists.
- Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General
- This first Surgeon General's Report on Mental Health lays down a challenge to the Nation—to our communities, our health and social service agencies, our policymakers, employers, and citizens—to take action.
- National Institute for Mental Health
- Focuses on mental health: depression, anxiety disorders, alzheimer's disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, schizophrenia, as well as other links to NIMH programs.
- Psychology - Online Resource Central
- Hundreds of links to psychological related sites. Maintained by an Associate Professor of Psychology.
- Resources for Teaching Social Psychology
- Psychology Today
- Psychology Today is devoted exclusively to everybody's favorite subject: ourselves. Founded in 1967, Psychology Today covers all aspects of human behavior and mental health, from the workings of the mind to the bonds between people and the larger cultural forces that drive our most intimate decisions.
- Academic Earth
- Academic Earth is an organization founded with the goal of giving everyone on earth access to a world-class education. Six top-rated universities and their scholars provide more than 1,500 videos of courses and individual guest lectures that take place in the classroom.
- This site is created for students to help them learn about psychology. It contains links to notes, getting into graduate school, web sites, journals, etc.
Curriculum Materials/Media Librarian