Prezi is a presentation tool that can be used as an alternative to traditional slide making programs such as PowerPoint. Instead of slides, Prezi makes use of one large canvas that allows you to pan and zoom to various parts of the canvas and emphasize the ideas presented there. Prezi supports the use of text, images, and videos and also provides a collection of templates to choose from to help new users get accustomed to the interface.
Public Account - You can create an account for free. With a public account, your prezis will be publicly viewable, searchable, and reusable.
Educational Account for Students and Teachers- Prezi offers discounts when signing up with a school email address.
Click the link below to set-up the account that will be best for you.
The easiest way to record your voice to add to your Prezi is to download Audacity to record your voice. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can export your voice (track) as the standard WAV file and insert it into the frame of your choice in your Prezi.
1. Consider your content.
2. Create a rough "Blueprint" before building your Prezi.
3. Choose your design theme early.
4. Design big and use changes of scale.
5. Design to minimize fast motion.
6. Use hidden frames to reduce clutter.
7. Understand how Prezi effects image resolution.
Megan, H. (2015, March 12). MATC-Teaching with Technology Today: March 2012, Issue 9, Volume 4. Retrieved October 15, 2015, from http://facultynet.matc.edu/tltnewsletter/mar12/page1.htm
Oregon State University's department of Teaching Across the Curriculum feature several ideas/assignments using Prezi as a teaching or learning tool. Click the link below to peruse the sample projects.
1. Choose the frame you wish to insert the slide(s).
2. Click "Insert", then click "PowerPoint".
3. Select the PowerPoint file you would like to insert.
4. Select the slide(s) you want to insert in to the frame by clicking them. Hold down the command key on the keyboard if you want to select more than one slide to insert.
5. Choose the layout you want for the slides and select the option to "Add a path between slides." Then click "Insert."
6. Now edit your slides to fit the new Prezi layout (images and text may be overlapping).