In the Books & Media Tab:
- Conduct a subject search on the author of the work in question. This will give you books about the author.
- Don't forget to use Boolean Operators (AND, OR, NOT). These can help you focus your results.
- If you are looking for literary criticism, try a subject search on the author's last name AND criticism.
- If your author is associated with a literary movement (e.g. Harlem Renaissance) do a subject search on the movement.
- How do you do a subject search?
- Go to the OneSearch and type in the subject you are looking for (e.g. Harlem Renaissnance), then hit return.
- On the results screen, go next to the search bar and click on the advanced search link
- On the Advanced Search screen you want to go to the drop down menu next to where it says Any field and select subject.
- Under Material Type (to the right of the top search bar) from the drop down menu select Books/eBooks.
- When you've selected all of these, click on the Search link.
If you are having difficulty finding information, talk to your professor or one of the librarians at the Research Assistance desk.