UpToDate Monthly Renewal Instructions
1. Go to Up to Date through Campbell’s proxy server (use the link from the medical library’s home page http://lib.campbell.edu/cusom).
2. Login to Up to Date as usual using web credentials.
3. Click Register/Sign In at the top right of the page.
4. Create an individual account within Up to Date.
5. Download the app from the Apple App store or through Google Play.
6. Use the login information for the account that was created (NOT web access credentials). *Note: It sometimes take several minutes for Up to Date to “recognize” a new account.
To maintain access, the user must login to their individual Up to Date account through the Campbell proxy at least every thirty days to reauthenticate his or her access.
Downloading the DynaMed Plus mobile app.
1. Using the link on the medical library’s home page, open DynaMed Plus.
2. Click the “”Sign up for remote access” link in the upper right of the page.
3. Create a personal account using your Campbell email address.
4. Return to the DynaMed Plus home page.
5. Click the “Get the DynaMed mobile app” link in the bottom left of the page.
6. Enter your Campbell email address.
7. Using the device upon which you want to install DynaMed Plus, open your email, click the link, and follow the directions.
Important: Use a WiFi connection to download DynaMed Plus the first time. Because you can use DynaMed even when you are not connected to the Internet, the first time you use DynaMed Plus on your mobile device it may take up to 20-30 minutes to download.
Once you have created an account and completed your initial download, you will never be prompted to renew your access again.
Epocrates RX free drug reference can be useful when you are looking for drug information. You can download it by using the steps below:
1. Like ClinicalKey you will first need to create an account. You can do that by going to the Epocrates website (http://www.epocrates.com/).
2. You will see a link on the homepage that says sign up now. Click this link and fill out the information and you will have an account.
3. Download the app from your app store.
4. Once it is downloaded you will need to use the credentials you just created to sign in. After you have signed in the app will update itself.
5. Then you are all setup and ready to use it.
This link is so you can access First Consult. In order to access First Consult you will need to follow the directions below.
1. Click on the ClinicalKey link.
2. To the left of the search box you will find a drop-down menu. Click on the words All Types and the fourth link from the bottom will be First Consult.
3. Enter the diagnosis you are looking for (diabetes, autism, Parkinson's, etc.) and hit enter. It will take you to another page where you can locate information about that particular diagnostic topic.
You can also download the mobile app by following the below directions:
1. You will need to create an account through ClinicalKey first. This can be done by going to ClinicalKey through the library website (http://lib.campbell.edu/cusom) and in the upper most right hand corner of the page you will see a link that says register.
2. Click on this link and create an account.
3. Go to your App store (iPhone, iPad-App Store, Android-Google Play) and do a search for First Consult and download it to your phone/tablet.
4. When you first open the app it will ask you to choose an option: I use First Consult and I know my user name, I use First Consult but I don't know my user name, or I do not currently use First Consult. Once you have created your account you will select the first option and enter your ClinicalKey credentials. This will trigger the app to download all of its medical topics. Once that download has completed you are all set.